Saturday, July 19, 2014

Movie Review: Think Like A Man Too 2014

Crystal Day
Summer 2014
Title:  Think Like A Man Too (2014)
Genre: Comedy
Written By: Keith Merryman, David A. Newman, Steve Harvey
Director: Tim Story

Synopsis:
I haven’t always liked Kevin Hart comedy or movies that he’s been in. But this one had an all-star cast.

DIALOGUE: The dialogue was sparse. Although, it did seem to go along with the story theme.

MUSIC AND CINEMATOGRAPHY: What makes this movie so interesting was the music. I guess you have to understand a little bit about the culture to even get half the jokes. Between dialogue, visual imagery, and music, everything was interwoven into a great feel-good movie.

I laughed through almost half the movie. The rest of it, I smiled. I got chills when I heard a song that brought back good memories of excellent times in Las Vegas. And there were a few spots where I cried, a little.

I only hope that I can become as good a writer or producer, as the one who put this together.

I’ve vowed before I left to get the names of all the songs so that I could look for them to add to my personal collection, which is something I’ve never felt compelled to do before.

I’m not sure why it got bad reviews on IMDb but I can see by the proof of it, profits were doubled between the making of it and it’s gross and it hasn’t been out that long so, perhaps the critics are wrong.

Reference: IMDb

No comments:

Post a Comment